- 2 pounds of lean pork, cubed
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- ¼ tablespoon cumin
- 10 to 12 New Mexico green chile, roasted and peeled
- 3 cups of water
- You may also add 2 chopped ripe tomatoes
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook pork in the oil until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot or crock pot and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until the meat is very tender, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas.
Recipe originally published in Focus on Roswell 2019: Summer Edition.